From: fred@ontosoft.com
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Announcement: SpamOracle
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:56:53 -0500	[thread overview]

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 03:11:38PM +0200, Xavier Leroy wrote:
> [ Spam filtering is rather off-topic for this list, but this tool is
>   written in OCaml, and needs adventurous users of the kind found on
>   this list to be tested... ]

Cool!  I've been messing with Eric Raymond's "bogofilter", the first
"Bayesian spam filter" (meme of the week, it seems) implementation
that I could find, but I'm looking forward to studying your
implementation as an example of a practical OCaml application.

Raymond is providing patches to mutt that make it easy (supposedly) to
add messages to the database of good/bad messages in the course of
normal mail reading activity.  The same hooks might be useful for
adding to an OCaml database instead.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred@ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370