* [Caml-list] automatic extraction of mli file?
@ 2002-10-12 11:06 Yang Shouxun
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yang Shouxun @ 2002-10-12 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

First, I'd say I like the idea of OCaml has separate interface and
implementation files.

I'm quite new in OCaml and I want to know what is the practice of the
OCaml programmers. Will you first write the interface files, then
implement, or vice versa? I think neither way is satisfactory. I guess
the first approach goes against prototyping and the second means both
duplicated work and violation of software engineering.

What I'm wondering is "wouldn't it be preferrable to automatically
produce the interface file from the implementation file?", so that we
can program in the literate programming style, do prototyping, and save
the drudgery of writing the interface (though a little manual editing
may be necessary, or some kind of markup in the source code).

Maybe such utility already exists. Only I'm not aware of. If so, I'd
like to know how to get it.

Thanks.
shouxun