* [Caml-list] Question on -g
@ 2002-10-15  5:54 Alessandro Baretta
From: Alessandro Baretta @ 2002-10-15  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ocaml

Does -g toggle a debug flag, so that an even number of -g's
is equivalent to not specifying any, or are are multiple
occurrences of -g beyond the first one just ignored?

I ask because it has occurred to me to compile with -g being
emitted sometimes more than once by my makefile, and
incidentally I was unable to use the debugger. But the
reason might be some other problem with the setup of the
development environment.

Alex

* Re: [Caml-list] Question on -g
@ 2002-10-15 15:33 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2002-10-15 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Baretta; +Cc: Ocaml

> Does -g toggle a debug flag, so that an even number of -g's
> is equivalent to not specifying any, or are are multiple
> occurrences of -g beyond the first one just ignored?

The latter.  -g just sets a reference to "true".

> Does [ocamlc.opt] handle the -g flag?

Yes, just like ocamlc.  Both ocamlc and ocamlc.opt share exactly the
same Caml sources.

> I ask because I am unable to
> debug my software, and I am using ocamlc.opt as my compiler.

Does switching to ocamlc make any difference?

- Xavier Leroy