* (no subject)
@ 2002-10-17 17:00 climb
From: climb @ 2002-10-17 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear caml-list

 Could you explain this senence for me in the Ocaml mannul in Using coerecions?
" When the domain of a coercion is left implicit and its co-domain is an abbreviation of a known class type, then the class type rather than the object type, is used to derive the coercion functions".

i am not quite clear the defintion of  codomain ,  class type and object type  respectively?

Best regards

              Yours
                         climb
                         onlyclimb@163.com
                         2002-10-18

* [Caml-list] Re:  how to start
@ 2002-10-18  7:28 ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2002-10-18  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: climb; +Cc: caml-list

climb wrote:
>  Could you explain this senence for me in the Ocaml mannul in Using coerecions?

Well, the correct answer to your last questions is probably:

  Don't try to learn Ocaml from the reference manual.

It will tell you everything about the language, but not necessaryly in the
order you need to know it, and it doesn't tell you which parts of the language
are fundamental (core language, modules), optional (labels, objects) or arcane
(universal quantification, when to omit the first type in a coercion). Try the
tutorial by Jason Hickey first.

Note to INRIA: Describing the manual with "The Objective Caml manual begins
with short tutorials on the core language, objects and classes, and modules."
on the tutorials page is slightly misleading, those tutorials don't really add
up to an introduction to ocaml.

Yours, Florian.