* [Caml-list] camlp4: How to hook into the char stream of an existing grammar?
@ 2002-10-30 18:33 Hendrik Tews
From: Hendrik Tews @ 2002-10-30 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I have the following question: Suppose I use camlp4 with a
predefined grammar (such as pa_o.cmo). Is it possible to install
a function that intercept the character stream that flows into
the lexer of camlp4 (for instance to record the positions of
newlines)?

At the moment I only see the following solution: Copy
plexer.{ml,mli} from the ocaml sources, change Plexer.gmake
(keeping its interface) and use camlp4 ./plexer.cmo ...

Bye,

Hendrik

* Re: [Caml-list] camlp4: How to hook into the char stream of an existing grammar?
@ 2002-10-30 19:23 ` Daniel de Rauglaudre
From: Daniel de Rauglaudre @ 2002-10-30 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 07:33:20PM +0100, Hendrik Tews wrote:

> I have the following question: Suppose I use camlp4 with a
> predefined grammar (such as pa_o.cmo). Is it possible to install
> a function that intercept the character stream that flows into
> the lexer of camlp4 (for instance to record the positions of
> newlines)?

You can patch the function which is called to parse implementations,
which is Pcaml.parse_implem. It is a reference which is defined by
default as: Grammar.Entry.parse Pcaml.implem.

Try the below file "foo.ml" as syntax extension:
     ocamlc -c -I +camlp4 foo.ml

This command prints the positions of newlines in file bar.ml:
     camlp4o ./foo.cmo pr_null.cmo bar.ml

(* file foo.ml *)
let f cs =
  let mycs =