* [Caml-list] Announcement: Ocaml-MySQL 0.9.0
@ 2003-02-22  1:10 Shawn Wagner
From: Shawn Wagner @ 2003-02-22  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Bindings for accessing MySQL databases from ocaml.

Last version was 0.1.something, but, hey, it's been a long time. This code
is pretty stable. Barring any bug reports with this new release, it'll be
1.0 soon.

Get it at http://raevnos.pennmush.org/code/ocaml-mysql-0.9.0.tar.gz

>From the change log:
  * Big version bump, as this has been stable for years. 1.0.0 soon.
  * Dynamic linking works at long last.
  * Link with -lz as newer versions of mysql than what I was using need it.
    Reported by several people.
  * Updated my testing copy of mysql to 3.23.55.
  * New html documentation in the doc directory. Generated by ocamldoc instead
    of ocamlweb.
  * New quick_connect, quick_change and defaults convienence functions.

I'm going to start on a non-backwards-compatible version targetting MySQL
4.X instead of 3.X that's organized a bit more nicely and with more
higher-level stuff instead of just exporting the C functions. I'd also like
to support any database-independant schemes like have been mentioned
recently on the list that people bring out.

--
Shawn Wagner
shawnw@speakeasy.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-22  0:55 UTC | newest]