* [Caml-list] Can't do closed-source camlp4 programs, can I?
@ 2003-02-21 19:24 Tim Freeman
From: Tim Freeman @ 2003-02-21 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

If I'm reading the license right, camlp4 is part of "the Compiler" as
defined in the LICENSE document.  In particular, camlp4/etc/pr_o.ml is
part of "the Compiler".  If I write a nontrivial preprocessor
for OCAML code with camlp4 and I use pr_o.ml, then my executable file
is derived from pr_o.ml and therefore I have to distribute source for
my preprocessor if I distribute the executable.

Is my reasoning valid?

I seem to be working from the November 14 CVS, so I could easily be
wrong if the license or copyright notices have changed since then.

--
Tim Freeman
tim@fungible.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-21 20:42 UTC | newest]