* [Caml-list] labltk vs lablgtk
@ 2003-04-10 14:00 Henri Dubois-Ferriere
From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere @ 2003-04-10 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I need to write a gui front-end to a caml network simulator of mine.
GUI-wise it should be standard fare (a few buttons, and menu, etc).
The other property is that the GUI communicates with the simulator
over a socket, so I need event-driven I/O to be integrated with GUI event
loop.

My instinct is to go with labltk, "because it's there", and it can handle
file descriptor events pretty easily.

But since I'm going to live with this choice for quite a while, i'm
wondering what are the broad pros/cons between labltk and lablgtk?
does anything stick out as being specific to one or the other?

Thanks to anyone who can reduce my caml-GUI ignorance in any way..

Henri DF