* [Caml-list] marshaling polymorphic variants
@ 2003-04-13 14:00 Henri Dubois-Ferriere
From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere @ 2003-04-13 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Is the typing behavior of {un,}marshaling polymorphic variants specified
anywhere? I didn't find any explicit mention of it in the docs.

thanks,

Henri

* Re: [Caml-list] marshaling polymorphic variants
@ 2003-04-14  0:26 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2003-04-14  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henri.dubois-ferriere; +Cc: caml-list

From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere <henridf@lcavsun1.epfl.ch>

> Is the typing behavior of {un,}marshaling polymorphic variants specified
> anywhere? I didn't find any explicit mention of it in the docs.

What do you mean by "typing behaviour"?
The type should be just the same...
The internal representation itself is described in section 18.3.6 of
the reference manual.
If you are talking about marshalling to and from C, and you have lots
of them, it may be easier (and more efficient) to use the varcc tool
included in lablgtk, which generates headers to easily convert tags.

        Jacques Garrigue