From: Xavier Leroy <xavier.leroy@inria.fr>
To: Christian.Schaller@siemens.com
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Cygwin & dynamic loading
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:28:46 +0200	[thread overview]

> Can anybody give me some enlightenment (so that I can sleep better again)
> about the Cygwin port of OCaml.  I am running this port since version 3.04
> and never encountered the following error message until I installed my
> Windows system from scratch:
>
> $ ocamlmktop -o ocaml-str str.cma
> Error on dynamically loaded library: dynamic loading not supported on this
> platform
> [...]
> Does the native Windows OCaml installation interfere with the Cygwin port
> (that's the only obvious difference between the two systems).

Yes, the two installations can interfere: the native Windows installer
sets the OCAMLLIB environment variable to point to its libraries.
Thus, if you don't unset this variable or set it to point to the
libraries of the Cygwin installation of OCaml, the latter will use the
wrong libraries.  And indeed the native str.cma is set up to use
dynamic loading, while the Cygwin str.cma is set up to use -custom and
no dynamic loading.

Hope this explains your problem.

- Xavier Leroy