From: Pierre Weis <pierre.weis@inria.fr>
To: dt@dt7463.spb.edu (Dimitri Timofeev)
Cc: Jun.Furuse@inria.fr, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] GCaml
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:42:04 +0200 (MET DST)	[thread overview]

[Charset koi8-r unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> Hello!
>
> On Mon, 05 May 2003, Jun.Furuse@inria.fr wrote:
>
> > G'Caml is not dead. I am prepared to restart the project just after
> > 3.07 will be released.
>
> It's a very good news, thank you!
>
> And a little question about generic function definition. Now (AFAIK) it is
> "closed": all cases must be defined in one place. Is it possible to let
> user to extend an existing generic function by defining a new case
> somewhere else in the code?
>
> > --
> > Jun
>
> --
> Dimitri

We have studied such an extension mechanism and this has been
functions are made via redefinition, with an automatic textual
inclusion of the old definition (in the spirit of the include feature
of the module system of the language).

Hope this helps,

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/