* [Caml-list] Unix file permissions bug?
@ 2003-06-08 21:01 Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2003-06-08 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello, everyone--

I am trying to work with some functions in the Unix module that involve
file permissions, and getting some very surprising results:

  bash-2.05a$ cd /var/tmp
  bash-2.05a$ touch test1 test2 test3
  bash-2.05a$ ocaml unix.cma
          Objective Caml version 3.06

  # Unix.chmod "test1" 755;;
  - : unit = ()
  # Unix.chmod "test2" 644;;
  - : unit = ()
  # Unix.chmod "test3" 400;;
  - : unit = ()
  #
  bash-2.05a$ ls -l test?
  --wxrw--wt    1 matt     users           0 Jun  8 14:52 test1
  --w----r-T    1 matt     users           0 Jun  8 14:52 test2
  -rw--w----    1 matt     users           0 Jun  8 14:52 test3

I am running OCaml 3.06 on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (glibc 2.2.5). I built
OCaml from source, but I get the same results on two machines with
similar but not identical systems. Does anyone know why this is
happening?

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)

* Re: [Caml-list] Unix file permissions bug?
@ 2003-06-08 21:15 ` Nicolas George
       [not found]   ` <16099.42563.310382.510961@gargle.gargle.HOWL>
From: Nicolas George @ 2003-06-08 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Gushee; +Cc: caml-list