* [Caml-list] OCaml Standards Document
@ 2003-06-06 23:44 Sachin V. Shah
From: Sachin V. Shah @ 2003-06-06 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

While trying to learn functional programming using OCaml, I
came across the following question: does OCaml have a
defined standard (formal or informal; such as ANSI/ISO C++
or RnRS Scheme).  I couldn't find anything about this on
the web.  The only other conclusion I can draw is that the
OCaml interpreter/compiler released by Inria forms the
standard itself.

Searching the web and e-mail archives does not help much.
The word standard invariably brings up all documents
related to OCaml's standard library, which are a pain to
sort through.

While I would prefer a defined standard separate from any
one implementation, it is not a major problem.  In either
case, I'd like to know the answer to this question.

Regards,

Sachin.

P.S.: How do I subscribe to the mailing list.  I have
submitted messages to caml-list-request@inria.fr and to
Majordomo@pauillac.inria.fr, with no success.