* [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-19 21:44 Chris Hecker
From: Chris Hecker @ 2003-06-19 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I was reminded that I dropped the ball on putting some kind of
meeting/dinner for San Francisco ocaml programmers a couple years back.  I,
uh, got busy.  :)

Anyway, let's ressurect the plan and do it.  Nothing fancy, just a casual
meeting.

To attempt to solve the n-body problem, please reply to me privately if
you're interested in attending _WITH_ what dates in the evening (say,
7pm-9pm-ish) you can make it to Berkeley/Oakland during the week of July
14th - 18th.  Also include what kind of food you will _not_ eat if we meet
at a restaurant.  An incredibly sophisticated program will grind over the
data, producing the perfect meeting time and place.

Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-19 22:27 ` Matt Gushee
From: Matt Gushee @ 2003-06-19 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 02:44:33PM -0700, Chris Hecker wrote:

> I was reminded that I dropped the ball on putting some kind of
> meeting/dinner for San Francisco ocaml programmers a couple years back.  I,
> uh, got busy.  :)
>
> Anyway, let's ressurect the plan and do it.  Nothing fancy, just a casual
> meeting.

Cool. However ...

<rant type="semi-facetious">
  I have had it up to here with the Bay Area having all the good
  meetings! Can't let this pass without a challenge! So: anybody else on
  this list from Colorado? Let's do it here too ... see who gets the
  most people at their meeting.

  Nyah nyah.
</rant>

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)

* Re: [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-19 22:36   ` Kip Macy
From: Kip Macy @ 2003-06-19 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Gushee; +Cc: caml-list

Hey, if Colorado ever gets as overcrowded as the Bay Area and, thanks
largely to prop 13 and tech companies printing money (aka options)
during the boom, overpriced, "good meetings" will be a pretty weak
consolation.

					-Kip

@ 2003-06-20  0:08     ` Brian Hurt
From: Brian Hurt @ 2003-06-20  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kip Macy; +Cc: Matt Gushee, caml-list

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Kip Macy wrote:

> Hey, if Colorado ever gets as overcrowded as the Bay Area and, thanks
> largely to prop 13 and tech companies printing money (aka options)
> during the boom, overpriced, "good meetings" will be a pretty weak
> consolation.
>
> 					-Kip

Plus they get all the good wether.  We're having one of our two good weeks
a year currently- and I am, of course, staying late at work.

Anyone other Ocaml users up here in the Great North Wood (Minneapolis/St
Paul area) interested in a get together?  Colorado is a bit of a haul.

Brian

* Re: [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-20  3:41   ` Eric Merritt
From: Eric Merritt @ 2003-06-20  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> <rant type="semi-facetious">
>   I have had it up to here with the Bay Area having
> all the good
>   meetings! Can't let this pass without a challenge!
> So: anybody else on
>   this list from Colorado? Let's do it here too ...
> see who gets the
>   most people at their meeting.
>
>   Nyah nyah.
> </rant>

If you can try it in Colorado we can try it in North
Carolina. Any other ocaml coders in the
Raleigh/Durham/RTP area?

* Re: [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-20  5:45 ` Byron Hale
From: Byron Hale @ 2003-06-20  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Berkeley/Oakland sounds good to me. You should note that families
traditionally plan reunions the weekend after the 4th. I won't be available
Monday the 14th and should devote Tuesday the 15th to business, so don't
think I can make it before Wednesday the 16th.

So, 16th, 17th or 18th are good for me. However, my wife may object to
Friday night, so I recommend the 16th or the 17th.

Byron Hale
byron.hale@einfo.com

As someone said, "the best computers are the ones between our ears" (at
least for some things).

Food: I avoid onions, sugar and fat. I don't much like ham or beets. Could
The Little MLer make something of that?

@ 2003-06-20  6:54     ` David Brown
From: David Brown @ 2003-06-20  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Merritt; +Cc: caml-list

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:41:11PM -0700, Eric Merritt wrote:

> > So: anybody else on
> >   this list from Colorado? Let's do it here too ...

Where abouts in Colorado?  I'll be around Denver for the first few weeks
of July.

Dave

* [Caml-list] Re: SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-20  9:23     ` Steve Elkins
From: Steve Elkins @ 2003-06-20  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:41:11 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Merritt <cyberlync@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > <rant type="semi-facetious">
> >   I have had it up to here with the Bay Area having
> > all the good
> >   meetings! Can't let this pass without a challenge!
> > So: anybody else on
> >   this list from Colorado? Let's do it here too ...
> > see who gets the
> >   most people at their meeting.
> >
> >   Nyah nyah.
> > </rant>
>
> If you can try it in Colorado we can try it in North
> Carolina. Any other ocaml coders in the
> Raleigh/Durham/RTP area?

Well, I only qualify as an admirer since I only get to write Ocaml in my
spare time and I haven't had much of that lately.  Just wanted to let
you know that you aren't completely alone around here.

Steve

* Re: [Caml-list] SF Bay Area OCaml get together in July
@ 2003-06-21  1:20   ` Alexander V. Voinov
From: Alexander V. Voinov @ 2003-06-21  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byron Hale; +Cc: caml-list

Hi All,

Byron Hale wrote:
> Berkeley/Oakland sounds good to me.

If this all is for real, please keep me informed, I would be interested to meet
with OCaml users in Bay Area.

Thank you!

Alexander