* [Caml-list] lablgtk status on Mac OS X
@ 2003-07-29 13:50 Stephane Legrand
From: Stephane Legrand @ 2003-07-29 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Does anyone know the current status of lablgtk/lablgtk2 on Mac OS X ?

According to Google, it seems that :

- lablgtk (for gtk+-1.2.x) works because, for instance, mlDonkey seems
  to work including the GTK GUI.

- lablgtk2 (for gtk+-2.x.x) : ??
  I didn't find anything about this. GTK+-2 and OCaml are available on
  Mac OS X but does anyone has ever tried to compile/use lablgtk2 ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Stephane Legrand.

--
<stephane@freebsd-fr.org> - <stephane@freebsd.org>          (\(__)/)
FreeBSD Francophone : www.freebsd-fr.org                     `(QQ)'

* [Caml-list] Re: lablgtk status on Mac OS X
@ 2003-07-29 17:17 ` Jed Davis
From: Jed Davis @ 2003-07-29 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Stephane Legrand <stephane@freebsd-fr.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know the current status of lablgtk/lablgtk2 on Mac OS X ?
>
> According to Google, it seems that :
>
> - lablgtk (for gtk+-1.2.x) works because, for instance, mlDonkey seems
>   to work including the GTK GUI.

I got the file synchronizer Unison to work with lablgtk on OS X, but
only with X11 gtk.  There's a port of gtk to the native graphics
system (http://gtk-osx.sf.net/), but it had some problems: lablgtk has
a method for extracting the X11 window id from the gtk window struct,
which I had to stub out so lablgtk would build, but even then I just
got a lot of gtk error messages and a crashed program for trying to
use Unison with it.  (At that point I gave up and used the X11 gtk
rather than investigating further.)

> - lablgtk2 (for gtk+-2.x.x) : ??
>   I didn't find anything about this. GTK+-2 and OCaml are available on
>   Mac OS X but does anyone has ever tried to compile/use lablgtk2 ?

Well, it compiles, but I haven't tried using it yet...

--
Jed Davis               |"But life wasn't yes-no, on-off.  Life was shades of
<jdev@panix.com>        | gray, and rainbows not in the order of the spectrum."