* [Caml-list] ocamlc -pack and ocamlopt -pack produce different cmi files!
@ 2003-08-18  9:21 Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-08-18  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have some (inherited) code which has a build script doing this:

ocamlc -pack -g -o bin/c/simlib.cmo -I $SUB/zkit -I $SUB/model -I $SUB/cjs2 $FILESLIB $FILESMODEL $FILESCJS2

ocamlopt -pack -o bin/opt/simlib.cmx -I $SUB/zkit -I $SUB/model -I $SUB/cjs2 $FILESLIB $FILESMODEL $FILESCJS2

It turns out that the two simlib.cmi files built by these two steps
have different MD5 digests. Why is this, and is there some way to
ensure they have the same digest?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlc -pack and ocamlopt -pack produce different cmi files!
@ 2003-08-20 14:00 ` Xavier Leroy
From: Xavier Leroy @ 2003-08-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml-list

> I have some (inherited) code which has a build script doing this:
>
> ocamlc -pack -g -o bin/c/simlib.cmo -I $SUB/zkit -I $SUB/model -I $SUB/cjs2 $FILESLIB $FILESMODEL $FILESCJS2
>
> ocamlopt -pack -o bin/opt/simlib.cmx -I $SUB/zkit -I $SUB/model -I $SUB/cjs2 $FILESLIB $FILESMODEL $FILESCJS2
>
> It turns out that the two simlib.cmi files built by these two steps
> have different MD5 digests. Why is this, and is there some way to
> ensure they have the same digest?

The two .cmi files should be identical, so it looks like a bug.  I
can't reproduce it here on a simple example.  What version of OCaml
are you using, and could you send me a set of source files that
reproduce the problem?

- Xavier Leroy