* [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-04 18:49 Valery A.Khamenya
From: Valery A.Khamenya @ 2003-09-04 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello caml-devels,

 If we consider the date from the following page as a start of Caml
 maillist:
 http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/wilma/caml-list

 Then here is my tiny present to Caml maillist birthday:
 http://khamenya.ru/ocaml/activity/

--
Best regards,
Valery                          mailto:khamenya@mail.ru

* Re: [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-05  9:03 ` Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2003-09-05  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:49:03PM +0200, Valery A.Khamenya wrote:
> Hello caml-devels,
>
>  If we consider the date from the following page as a start of Caml
>  maillist:
>  http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/wilma/caml-list
>
>  Then here is my tiny present to Caml maillist birthday:
>  http://khamenya.ru/ocaml/activity/

Interesting!  Did you create the graphs it using ocaml tools?  Which?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded
      us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is
      high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward
      them that fear him. As far as the east is from the
      west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from
      us."     Psalms 103:10-12

* Re[2]: [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-05 10:33   ` "Valery A.Khamenya"
From: "Valery A.Khamenya"  @ 2003-09-05 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Johann Spies" ; +Cc: caml-list

> Interesting!  Did you create the graphs it using ocaml tools?  Which?

oopss...
I am sorry Johann, but I've used foully and cowardly the Excel :-)

To be honest and precise, my first impulse was to make it in "R", but it is unpleasant (however still doable), if a graph in "R" has custom ticks with string names. Thus, Excel was a quickest tool for this small job :(

Hey, but if OCaml will not stop with its exponential growth, we cuold get a nice "Oxcel" or so in the future :)

BTW, now at work I have almost finished writing the library which reads our data in lazy manner. I was quite unhappy that I am restricted to C++. I hope my boss will consider those graphs and allow to use OCaml :-)

kind regards,
Valery A.Khamenya

* Re: [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-05 10:55 ` Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2003-09-05 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valery A.Khamenya, caml-list

On Thursday 04 September 2003 21:49, Valery A.Khamenya wrote:
> Hello caml-devels,
>
>  If we consider the date from the following page as a start of Caml
>  maillist:
>  http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/wilma/caml-list
>
>  Then here is my tiny present to Caml maillist birthday:
>  http://khamenya.ru/ocaml/activity/

Whoa! Exponential growth of interest in ocaml!

Keep hacking!

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org

* Re: [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-05 18:04   ` Oleg Trott
From: Oleg Trott @ 2003-09-05 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erayo, Eray Ozkural, Valery A.Khamenya, caml-list

On Friday 05 September 2003 06:55 am, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2003 21:49, Valery A.Khamenya wrote:
> > Hello caml-devels,
> >
> >  If we consider the date from the following page as a start of Caml
> >  maillist:
> >  http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/wilma/caml-list
> >
> >  Then here is my tiny present to Caml maillist birthday:
> >  http://khamenya.ru/ocaml/activity/
>
> Whoa! Exponential growth of interest in ocaml!

Depends on what plot you are looking at. If you look at the last
(year-averaged) plot, beginning Sep 1997, the growth looks pretty linear.
On the other hand, any function is linear if you look "closely" enough...

--
Oleg Trott <oleg_trott@columbia.edu>

* Re: [Caml-list] to OCaml maillist birthday :)
@ 2003-09-05 20:10     ` Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2003-09-05 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Trott, erayo, Valery A.Khamenya, caml-list

On Friday 05 September 2003 21:04, Oleg Trott wrote:
> On Friday 05 September 2003 06:55 am, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > Whoa! Exponential growth of interest in ocaml!
>
> Depends on what plot you are looking at. If you look at the last
> (year-averaged) plot, beginning Sep 1997, the growth looks pretty linear.
> On the other hand, any function is linear if you look "closely" enough...

Mine was a little wishful thinking. But what a nice wish, if it would come
true!

--

@ 2003-09-05 20:35   ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-09-05 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Valery A.Khamenya, caml-list

Well, you know good software takes 10 years to mature:

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.