* [Caml-list] OCaml - No Batteries Included :(
@ 2003-11-19 17:18 Christian Schaller
From: Christian Schaller @ 2003-11-19 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear Camlers,

Working on a small software project, I decided to use OCaml for reasons
we all know ;-)

Everything works smooth, however, there's one thing that drives me nuts:
libraries!  I'm not complaining about not enough libraries being
available, but about libraries being available, but not bundled in any
with with OCaml (like getopt).

Did I miss anything?  Is there an OCaml Extended Library Distribution
available that I can just download from *one* place, including *all*
known libraries?  Most of the time I'm just investigating if someone has
written a module for a general purpose and then trying to install it.

- Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml - No Batteries Included :(
@ 2003-11-19 17:52 ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-11-19 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Schaller; +Cc: caml-list

Am Mit, 2003-11-19 um 18.18 schrieb Christian Schaller:
> Dear Camlers,
>
> Working on a small software project, I decided to use OCaml for reasons
> we all know ;-)
>
> Everything works smooth, however, there's one thing that drives me nuts:
> libraries!  I'm not complaining about not enough libraries being
> available, but about libraries being available, but not bundled in any
> with with OCaml (like getopt).
>
> Did I miss anything?  Is there an OCaml Extended Library Distribution
> available that I can just download from *one* place, including *all*
> known libraries?  Most of the time I'm just investigating if someone has
> written a module for a general purpose and then trying to install it.

I began such a distribution: GODI. It contains core O'Caml plus a number
of libraries that can be individually added or removed. However, it does
not contain _all_ libraries, just a subjective selection. (Hint:
Everybody is invited to express his or her subjective feelings about
important packages by just creating them.)

Here is the link:

http://ocaml-programming.de/godi/

Gerd

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml - No Batteries Included :(
@ 2003-11-19 21:46 ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-11-19 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Schaller; +Cc: caml-list

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 06:18:12PM +0100, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Did I miss anything?

Erm, like the whole of CPAN :-?

http://www.merjis.com/developers/perl4caml/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
'There is a joke about American engineers and French engineers. The

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml - No Batteries Included :(
@ 2003-11-19 22:02   ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-11-19 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:46:49PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 06:18:12PM +0100, Christian Schaller wrote:
> > Did I miss anything?
>
> Erm, like the whole of CPAN :-?

Ah, so note to self ... should read the whole of the posting before
following up.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
C2LIB is a library of basic Perl/STL-like types for C. Vectors, hashes,