* [Caml-list] Scanf.Scanning woes
@ 2004-01-12 20:03 Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2004-01-12 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello there,

I'm using a Scanning buffer on the entire input channel for an authentication
protocol, but it seems to get stuck over long inputs. Are there any known
problems with Scanning module? I had to quit using it and read individual
lines with input_line.

Regards,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org

* Re: [Caml-list] Scanf.Scanning woes
@ 2004-01-25 22:52 ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2004-01-25 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erayo; +Cc: caml-list

Hello,

> I'm using a Scanning buffer on the entire input channel for an
> authentication protocol, but it seems to get stuck over long
> inputs. Are there any known problems with Scanning module? I had to
> quit using it and read individual lines with input_line.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
> Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org
> www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://mp3.com/ariza
> GPG public key fingerprint: 360C 852F 88B0 A745 F31B  EA0F 7C07 AE16 874D 539C

There are no known problems with Scanf.Scanning. Are you sure your
program is not looping ?

If your program should indeed terminate, please send me the program
and the example of input that reproduces the problem, I would be glad
to investigate and correct any bug you might have discovered.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/

* Re: [Caml-list] Scanf.Scanning woes
@ 2004-01-28 15:14   ` Eray Ozkural
From: Eray Ozkural @ 2004-01-28 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Weis; +Cc: caml-list

On Monday 26 January 2004 00:52, Pierre Weis wrote:
> There are no known problems with Scanf.Scanning. Are you sure your
> program is not looping ?
>
> If your program should indeed terminate, please send me the program
> and the example of input that reproduces the problem, I would be glad
> to investigate and correct any bug you might have discovered.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm going to try and find where it didn't work in two of my programs. I'll get
back to this when I have a small test case.

Regards,

--
http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunction: http://malfunct.iuma.com