* [Caml-list] Compiling with lacaml
@ 2004-02-03 12:56 Jan Kybic
From: Jan Kybic @ 2004-02-03 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,
        this is just my little observation in order to make the
installation of the lacaml library easier. I have downloaded
lacaml-2.2.0.tar.bz2 to my Linux machine, made './configure', 'make'
and 'make install'. To compile my own code, I use OCamlMakefile
where I have added:

        INCDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml
        LIBDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml

        LIBS= str bigarray lacaml

Yet, compiling (via 'make nc') did not work - the compiler repeatedly
tried to recompile lapack.ml, which it could not because the library
directory is owned by root and read-only. So, I manually copied
the *.cmo, *.cmi, and *.cmx to it and now it works fine.

Keep up the good work,
                        Jan

* Re: [Caml-list] Compiling with lacaml
@ 2004-02-03 17:00 ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2004-02-03 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kybic; +Cc: caml-list

Ahoj,

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Jan Kybic wrote:
>         this is just my little observation in order to make the
> installation of the lacaml library easier. I have downloaded
> lacaml-2.2.0.tar.bz2 to my Linux machine, made './configure', 'make'
> and 'make install'. To compile my own code, I use OCamlMakefile
> where I have added:
>
>         INCDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml
>         LIBDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml
>
>         LIBS= str bigarray lacaml

You should use Gerd Stolpmann's "findlib" for compiling and linking:

  http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages

Then you only need to write the following instead of setting INCDIRS,
LIBDIRS and LIBS:

  PACKS = str lacaml

It's not necessary to link bigarray here, because "findlib" knows how
to resolve dependencies (its purpose of existence), i.e. links bigarray
automatically.

Zdravi,
Markus

--
Markus Mottl          http://www.oefai.at/~markus          markus@oefai.at

* Re: [Caml-list] Compiling with lacaml
@ 2004-02-03 17:50   ` Jan Kybic
From: Jan Kybic @ 2004-02-03 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

> > and 'make install'. To compile my own code, I use OCamlMakefile
> > where I have added:
> >
> >         INCDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml
> >         LIBDIRS = +site-lib/lacaml
> >
> >         LIBS= str bigarray lacaml
>
> You should use Gerd Stolpmann's "findlib" for compiling and linking:
>
> Then you only need to write the following instead of setting INCDIRS,
> LIBDIRS and LIBS:
>
>   PACKS = str lacaml

Yes, that's correct. But even so, it needs the *.cmi, *.cmx and *.cmo
that the lacaml Makefile does not seem to install by default.

Jan

P.S. Diky za radu.

* Re: [Caml-list] Compiling with lacaml
@ 2004-02-03 18:43     ` Markus Mottl
From: Markus Mottl @ 2004-02-03 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kybic; +Cc: caml-list

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Jan Kybic wrote:
> Yes, that's correct. But even so, it needs the *.cmi, *.cmx and *.cmo
> that the lacaml Makefile does not seem to install by default.

The *.cmo and *.cmx-files need not be installed, because they are part
of the *.cma and *.cmxa-library files respectively. The *.cmi-files
are installed as required. I have just tested the library installation,
and it seems to work fine on my system.

Regards,
Markus

--