* [Caml-list] swig like library...
@ 2004-04-23 14:36 Michael
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Michael @ 2004-04-23 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

some time ago there was a library announced here on the list, which is similar
to swig. I have no clue how it was named and so cannot find it. Does anybody
know that lib?

thanks,
 michael

* RE: [Caml-list] swig like library...
@ 2004-04-23 15:48 HENRIKSON, JEFFREY
From: HENRIKSON, JEFFREY @ 2004-04-23 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: micha-1; +Cc: caml-list

Perhaps you mean Forklift?

http://jhenrikson.org/forklift

It attempts to be a more well behaved SWIG.  To my knowledge, I started
the first attempt at a SWIG library.  I got frustrated with the
infrastructure and quit.  Since then there have been at least 2 other
attempts for ocaml swig support and recently I noticed there an official
"ocaml swig".  Anyway, you can read about my complaints and my
alternatives.

Forklift is still very alpha.  The code generation stuff has all been
implemented.  There is a demo to showing how that part can be used by
itself, but it's not nearly as useful as the completed project will be.
What remains to be done is the pattern matching engine.  Sorry but I
started a new job and temporarily suspended development of the first
forklift based application.  I'd be happy to collaborate if somebody
wants to contribute to the pattern matching part.

Please reply to jehenrik@yahoo.com.

Jeff Henrikson