* [Caml-list] Qt bindings?
@ 2004-05-05 14:37 John Goerzen
From: John Goerzen @ 2004-05-05 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I have seen some noise on various lists about Qt bindings for OCaml.
Have these ever materialized?

FYI: the Sharp Zaurus PDA comes with Qt/Embedded.  The "default"
language for development is C++, but if one installs a Python
environment on the device, PyQt can be used (unmodified) to write
handheld apps.  I'd like to be able to write these apps in OCaml, which,
when compiled with ocamlopt, would have the distinct advantage of not
requiring a big runtime environment to be installed.

There are also versions of Linux for the iPAQ and other handhelds that
also use Qt/Embedded as the native UI.

So this is why I ask :-)

Thanks,
John

* Re: [Caml-list] Qt bindings?
@ 2004-05-05 15:01 ` Yann Regis-Gianas
From: Yann Regis-Gianas @ 2004-05-05 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Le mercredi 5 Mai 2004 16:37, John Goerzen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have seen some noise on various lists about Qt bindings for OCaml.
> Have these ever materialized?

	Hello,

	I am working with a friend on a binding. It is at an early stage of
development, but your are welcomed to help us:

	https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/kamel/

--
	Yann.