* [Caml-list] OCaml on Blue Gene?
@ 2011-01-31 13:18 Guillaume Hennequin
From: Guillaume Hennequin @ 2011-01-31 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml on Blue Gene?
@ 2011-01-31 16:41 ` Basile Starynkevitch
From: Basile Starynkevitch @ 2011-01-31 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillaume Hennequin; +Cc: caml-list

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:18:07 +0100
Guillaume Hennequin <guillaume.hennequin@epfl.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody share experience with OCaml on an Blue Gene ?

I have no idea. Many years ago, I ported to ocaml bytecode interpreter to some sort of Cray (I forgot the details). That was quite simple (IIRC, just some #ifdef to add somewhere).

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Gene each processor is a PowerPC variant. Since PowerPC is supported by Ocaml (I don't know if it is the old 32 bits variant or the 64 bits one), I could imagine that even the native compiler could run on it, and I guess the difference between Blue Gene and other PowerPC (perhaps AIX machines) is mostly minor operating system things. But as usual, the evil is in the details.

I just hope your port will be available to others, just in case.

Good luck.

Cheers.

*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***