* [Caml-list] library naming conflict
@ 2011-03-29  3:47 Niki Yoshiuchi
From: Niki Yoshiuchi @ 2011-03-29  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm using oasis (with ocamlbuild) to create a library.  Specifically, I'm
writing bindings to portmidi.

Naming my ocaml library "portmidi" causes linking problems.  It seems to be
from a conflict when linking the C-library "-lportmidi" (the linker tries to
link with the local libportmidi.a file instead of the file in /usr/lib).  My
solution at the moment is to just give my ocaml library a different name,
however I'd prefer to name it "portmidi".

Is there a simple fix?

Thanks,
-Niki Yoshiuchi

* Re: [Caml-list] library naming conflict
@ 2011-03-29 21:04 ` ygrek
From: ygrek @ 2011-03-29 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:47:38 -0400
Niki Yoshiuchi <aplusbi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Naming my ocaml library "portmidi" causes linking problems.  It seems to be
> from a conflict when linking the C-library "-lportmidi" (the linker tries to
> link with the local libportmidi.a file instead of the file in /usr/lib).  My
> solution at the moment is to just give my ocaml library a different name,
> however I'd prefer to name it "portmidi".
>
> Is there a simple fix?

Use a different name for cma file but keep "portmidi" findlib package name?

PS I guess ocaml compiler could easily solve this annoyance by choosing some unique prefix/postfix
for cmxa native library counterpart (i.e. xxx,cma -> xxx_caml.a), and this should not break
any code out there?

--
 ygrek
 http://ygrek.org.ua