* [Caml-list] opam external solver setting
@ 2016-05-02 16:18 Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2016-05-02 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I am trying to get started with opam on a fresh gentoo host.  On that
source-based packaging system, untangling the mess of dependencies
dragged in by aspcud is just about impossible, so I thought I'd follow
the instructions at [1] to hook the java based external solver.  I
downloaded & installed the jar file and I added this line to
~/.opam/config, as [1] suggests (line broken here for SMTP conformance,
but it is a single line in the file):

solver: "java -jar
/usr/local/share/java/org/eclipse/equinox/p2/cudf-1.14.jar
 -obj %{criteria} %{input} %{output}"

But now, "opam update" gives me

[WARNING] Command "java -jar
/usr/local/share/java/org/eclipse/equinox/p2/cudf-1.14.jar
 -obj %{criteria} %{input} %{output}" contains 1 space

and then

[ERROR] External solver failure, please fix your installation and check
/home/itz/.opam/config and variable $OPAMEXTERNALSOLVER.

I probably misunderstand the format of the config file, but I can''t
find any doc for it except what's at [1].

I don't want to set this with the environment variable because that
would make maintenance of shell startup scripts harder.

[1]
http://opam.ocaml.org/doc/install.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-02 16:18 UTC | newest]