* [Caml-list] Web technologies as graphical user interface to OCaml programs?
@ 2016-12-08  8:21 Matthieu Dubuget
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2016-12-08  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml-list

Hello,

I wonder how I could use Web technologies to write OCaml program's
GUI.

I’m particularly interested by the ocaml-vdom (elm) approach
simplicity.

But my need would be to add a user interface to programs using some
OCaml libraries which are not supported by js_of_ocaml (Unix, C libs
bindings…).

One solution would be to keep the GUI-less native OCaml apps compiled
and running as native code, and have them communicate with GUIs that
would run in browsers.

I'm not sure how this communication would be done, thought? Maybe websocket,
but this is something I do not know at all…

Another solution would be to have the native OCaml app directly serve
it's UI, maybe using ocsigenserver?

I'm wondering if there are some examples around with those kind of
approaches or other kind of solution?

Best regards

--
Matthieu Dubuget