* [Caml-list] A question RE labltk installation on MacOS Sierra
@ 2018-01-21 19:15 Robert Muller
From: Robert Muller @ 2018-01-21 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I know this isn't the right forum for questions like the following.
Can someone refer me to the right forum?

I'm attempting to install labltk on a MacOS Sierra system on which I've
installed tcl-tk using homebrew. Homebrew installs tcl-tk in

/usr/local/opt/

but it doesn't symlink it in /usr/local/. I'm having trouble convincing the
Makefile for labltk to find the .h files in

/usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/include/

It doesn't seem to use CPPFLAGS. Any hints on either or both 1. where to
ask this and 2. how to install labltk would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Muller

* Re: [Caml-list] A question RE labltk installation on MacOS Sierra
@ 2018-01-21 23:06 ` SP
From: SP @ 2018-01-21 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:15:28 -0500
Robert Muller <robert.muller2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I know this isn't the right forum for questions like the
> following. Can someone refer me to the right forum?

This also exists: https://discuss.ocaml.org

I don't see anything wrong with asking this here, although it's very
niche.

> but it doesn't symlink it in /usr/local/. I'm having trouble
> convincing the Makefile for labltk to find the .h files in
> /usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/include/

Did you try `brew link tcl-tk`?

I found that is a manual step for some packages.

--
	SP

* Re: [Caml-list] A question RE labltk installation on MacOS Sierra
@ 2018-01-22  9:08 ` Jacques Garrigue
From: Jacques Garrigue @ 2018-01-22  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2018/01/22 04:15, Robert Muller wrote:

> Hello, I know this isn't the right forum for questions like the following. Can someone refer me to the right forum?
>
> I'm attempting to install labltk on a MacOS Sierra system on which I've installed tcl-tk using homebrew. Homebrew installs tcl-tk in
>
> /usr/local/opt/
>
> but it doesn't symlink it in /usr/local/. I'm having trouble convincing the Makefile for labltk to find the .h files in
>
> /usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/include/
>
> It doesn't seem to use CPPFLAGS. Any hints on either or both 1. where to ask this and 2. how to install labltk would be greatly appreciated.
> Bob Muller

Look at the INSTALL file of labltk.
You should do something like

./configure -tkdefs -I/usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/include/ -tklibs -L/usr/local/opt/tcl-tk/lib

Jacques Garrigue