* [Caml-list] [ANN] Lwt 2.3.0 released
@ 2011-04-16  9:34 Jérémie Dimino
From: Jérémie Dimino @ 2011-04-16  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

The Lwt team is pleased to announce the release of Lwt 2.3.0. You can
download it at:

  http://ocsigen.org/lwt/install

This release introduces a new customizable system of engines which
allows users to replace the unix engine which use libev or Unix.select
by default and ease the integration of external libraries such as
ocamlnet.

There was also a lot of improvements for Windows.

Here is a list of changes from the previous version (2.2.1):

  * Add an extensible system of engines to:
    ** allow the user to replace libev by another event system, such
       as select
    ** allow easier integration of external libraries supporting
       asynchronous operations
  * Lots of improvements for windows:
    ** use the ocaml select instead of libev by default on windows
    ** make asynchronous operations on non-socket file descriptors
       such as pipes to work
    ** make glib integration to work
  * Better use of engines in Lwt_unix: now events are cached to minimize
    the amount of calls to epoll_ctl
  * Use an eventfd when possible for notifications for faster delivery
  * Add modules:
    ** Lwt_sys: allow to test availability of extra features
    ** Lwt_react: replace Lwt_event and Lwt_signal
  * Allow to configure logging rules at runtime in Lwt_log
  * Add match_lwt and while_lwt to the syntax extension
  * Fixes:
    ** syntax extension: handle "lwt ... = ... in ..." at toplevel
    ** make the notification system fork-proof
    ** fix an issue with stubs not raising correctly exceptions

Enjoy!

--
Jérémie Dimino, on behalf of the Lwt team

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Lwt 2.3.0 released
@ 2011-04-16 11:47 ` David Rajchenbach-Teller
From: David Rajchenbach-Teller @ 2011-04-16 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jérémie Dimino; +Cc: caml-list

And for those who weren't at the OCaml Developer Days, let me remind you that Lwt is now pronounced "Lout".

Cheers,
 David

--
  David Rajchenbach-Teller
  CSO, MLstate

@ 2011-04-16 11:48   ` Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2011-04-16 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Rajchenbach-Teller; +Cc: Jérémie Dimino, caml-list

On Apr 16, 2011, at 12:47 PM, David Rajchenbach-Teller wrote:

> And for those who weren't at the OCaml Developer Days, let me remind you that Lwt is now pronounced "Lout".

Is that French?

- for hire: mac osx device driver ninja, kernel extensions and usb drivers
---------------------+------------+---------------------------------------
http://wagerlabs.com | @wagerlabs | http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Lwt 2.3.0 released
@ 2011-04-16 11:52     ` David Rajchenbach-Teller
From: David Rajchenbach-Teller @ 2011-04-16 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Reymont; +Cc: Jérémie Dimino, caml-list

Nah, but it's a fair description for us French guys :)

Plus it's easier to pronounce that "Ell-DoubleYou-Tee".
--
  David Rajchenbach-Teller
  CSO, MLstate