* [Caml-list] Real World OCaml beta2 now available (final beta)
@ 2013-08-07 10:43 Anil Madhavapeddy
From: Anil Madhavapeddy @ 2013-08-07 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list@inria.fr List

The second and final public beta of Real World OCaml is now available:
  <https://realworldocaml.org>

Release notes:

* Over 2,000 comments from proofreaders have been resolved.  We realize that
  reading early content is hard work, and hugely appreciate the spirited
  feedback!  The book is now a week away from being handed over to the
  O'Reilly production team for copyediting, so the window for changes are
  limited after that.  Comments reset between milestones and so beta2 is a
  clean slate; we're still working through some remaining older issues.

* The chapters on first-class modules, parsing with Menhir, and objects
  and classes have been significantly revised from beta1. Our thanks to
  Leo White for contributing significantly to the latter two chapters.

* All the code snippets and terminal outputs are now mechanically generated.
  The source code is as close to public domain as practical, at:
      <https://github.com/realworldocaml/examples>

* The final version will have the installation chapter moved to be online
  only, and we intend to publish updates there to elaborate on installation
  and packaging mechanisms.

* Exercises will be available after we go into production, and also only be
  available online. We really like the collaborative spirit of the commenting
  system, and will likely extend this to collecting exercises from our readers
  on an ongoing basis.

More at: http://anil.recoil.org/2013/08/06/real-world-ocaml-beta2.html

-Anil, Yaron, Jason

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-08-07 10:43 UTC | newest]