* Re: [Caml-list] Hashtbl iter semantics
@ 2002-05-27 19:04 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2002-05-27 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: skaller, xavier.leroy; +Cc: caml-list

>From: John Max Skaller <skaller@ozemail.com.au>

>For example: delete: if  a binding is deleted it won't be presented
>subsequently.
>Add: the binding may or may not be presented.
>Replace:  if the binding is presented, it will have the data value used
>in replace.
>If the binding was already presented, it will not be represented.
>Otherwise: the binding will be presented with its initial data value.

AFAICT from a quick look at the source, it's more like this:

delete: the binding may or may not be presented subsequently
add: the binding may or may not be presented
replace: the binding may be presented with the old or the new data
value; if it was already presented, it will not be represented
otherwise: the binding will be presented with its initial data value.

-- Damien

* [Caml-list] Hashtbl iter semantics
@ 2002-05-26 15:43 John Max Skaller
From: John Max Skaller @ 2002-05-26 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Could the ocaml team please clarify the semantics of Hashtbl.iter?
In particular, can I use Hashtbl.replace during iteration?
[What about add, removed, etc?]

--
John Max Skaller, mailto:skaller@ozemail.com.au
snail:10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia.