* [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 11:32 Henri Dubois-Ferriere
From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere @ 2002-10-08 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

Does anyone know of a freely available caml implementation of a delaunay
triangulation algorithm (as second choice i could also do with a voronoi
tessellation implementation).

Poked around, didn't find.

Thanks,

Henri

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 16:03 ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2002-10-08 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri DF; +Cc: caml-list

Henri Dubois-Ferriere wrote:
> Does anyone know of a freely available caml implementation of a delaunay
> triangulation algorithm (as second choice i could also do with a voronoi
> tessellation implementation).

There is a caml light implementation at

http://caml.inria.fr/polycopies/cheno/index-fra.html

which can easily be translated. (IIRC one ot the source files is missing, you
have to run the course notes through something like pstotext and then
reconstruct it from the resulting debris).

Yours, Florian

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 17:10   ` Chris Hecker
From: Chris Hecker @ 2002-10-08 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Hars, Henri DF; +Cc: caml-list

>(IIRC one ot the source files is missing, you have to run the course notes
>through something like pstotext and then reconstruct it from the resulting
>debris).

Just a random off-topic hint:  sometimes it's better to convert to pdf and
then use the pdf text selection in acrobat to get the text.  Try
both.  You'd think this would be a solved problem.  ;)

Good luck,
Chris

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 17:42     ` Sven LUTHER
From: Sven LUTHER @ 2002-10-08 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Hecker; +Cc: Florian Hars, Henri DF, caml-list

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:10:05AM -0700, Chris Hecker wrote:

> >(IIRC one ot the source files is missing, you have to run the course notes
> >through something like pstotext and then reconstruct it from the resulting
> >debris).
>
> Just a random off-topic hint:  sometimes it's better to convert to pdf and
> then use the pdf text selection in acrobat to get the text.  Try
> both.  You'd think this would be a solved problem.  ;)

Or plain old text retyping, especially since it has to be converted from
caml-light to ocaml anyway.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 17:55   ` Laurent Chéno
From: Laurent Chéno @ 2002-10-08 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henridf; +Cc: caml-list

Le mardi, 8 oct 2002, à 18:03 Europe/Paris, Florian Hars a écrit :

> Henri Dubois-Ferriere wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a freely available caml implementation of a
>> delaunay triangulation algorithm (as second choice i could also do
>> with a voronoi tessellation implementation).
>
> There is a caml light implementation at
>
> http://caml.inria.fr/polycopies/cheno/index-fra.html
>
> which can easily be translated. (IIRC one ot the source files is
> missing, you have to run the course notes through something like
> pstotext and then reconstruct it from the resulting debris).

Excuse me, but I don't speak english well enough.

Je peux transmettre les sources (en CamlLight, effectivement) à la
demande, si cela peut servir à quelqu'un.

Laurent Chéno

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-08 20:20     ` Pierre Weis
From: Pierre Weis @ 2002-10-08 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Hecker; +Cc: florian, henri.dubois-ferriere, caml-list

> >(IIRC one ot the source files is missing, you have to run the course notes
> >through something like pstotext and then reconstruct it from the resulting
> >debris).
>
> Just a random off-topic hint:  sometimes it's better to convert to pdf and
> then use the pdf text selection in acrobat to get the text.  Try
> both.  You'd think this would be a solved problem.  ;)
>
> Good luck,
> Chris

One more advice: you can also use gv that knows how to select text
directly from the PostScript file.

Stillanother one (with a touch of advertising): if you have the DVI,
Active-DVI can select the text for you from the DVI source file !

All the best!

Pierre Weis

INRIA, Projet Cristal, Pierre.Weis@inria.fr, http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis/

* Re: [Caml-list] delaunay triangulation in ocaml
@ 2002-10-09  6:40     ` Florian Hars
From: Florian Hars @ 2002-10-09  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Chéno; +Cc: caml-list

Laurent Chéno wrote:
> Je peux transmettre les sources (en CamlLight, effectivement) à la
> demande, si cela peut servir à quelqu'un.

The sources are there, at

   http://caml.inria.fr/polycopies/cheno/sources-caml/index-fra.html

except for the problem that the link to

   2 ko: Suites_infinies.ml

is broken, and the file you get when you follow the link

   9 ko: Tsai.ml

is Suites_infinies.ml instead of Tsai.ml

Yours, Florian Hars