* [Caml-list] ocamlnet-0.95 released
@ 2003-02-10 22:10 Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-02-10 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list, ocamlnet-devel

Hi list,

I have recently released the newest versionn of ocamlnet.
This release only addresses issues with the jserv support.

What is ocamlnet?

A collection of modules for the Objective Caml language which focus on
application-level Internet protocols and conventions.

The current distribution contains:

- a mature implementation of the CGI protocol

- an implementation of the JSERV protocol (AJP-1.2), can be used with
  mod_jserv (Apache JServ) and mod_jk (Jakarta connector) to connect
  application servers written in O'Caml with web servers

- an experimental POP3 client

- a library of string processing functions related to Internet
  protocols (formerly known as "netstring" and distributed separately):
  MIME encoding/decoding, Date/time parsing, Character encoding
  conversion, HTML parsing and printing, URL parsing and printing,
  OO-representation of channels, and a lot more.

Ocamlnet is developed as a SourceForge project:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/ocamlnet

Developers and code contributions are welcome.

Ocamlnet is licensed under the zlib/libpng license.

Where can I download the sources?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ocamlnet/ocamlnet-0.95.tar.gz
http://www.ocaml-programming.de/packages/ocamlnet-0.95.tar.gz

You NEED the PCRE library as prerequisite, and findlib is recommended
(but not required).

Where can I read more?

http://ocamlnet.sourceforge.net. There is also an online version of the
manual.

Changes in 0.95:

Several bugfixes in the jserv modules. There is now a jserv
property "ocamlnet.https" to set that the server assumes
the HTTPS protocol. New jserv config options js_idle_worker
and js_idle_master to perform idle callbacks when nothing is to
do.

Gerd

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlnet-0.95 released
@ 2003-02-10 23:00 ` Blair Zajac
From: Blair Zajac @ 2003-02-10 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Stolpmann; +Cc: caml-list, ocamlnet-devel

Gerd Stolpmann wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Ocamlnet is developed as a SourceForge project:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/ocamlnet

There's a typo in the URL, it's missing a `s' in projects:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ocamlnet/

Best,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com>
Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlnet-0.95 released
@ 2003-02-11 15:12 ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2003-02-11 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Stolpmann; +Cc: caml-list, ocamlnet-devel

Gerd Stolpmann wrote:

> The current distribution contains:
>
> - a mature implementation of the CGI protocol
>
> - an implementation of the JSERV protocol (AJP-1.2), can be used with
>   mod_jserv (Apache JServ) and mod_jk (Jakarta connector) to connect
>   application servers written in O'Caml with web servers
>
> - an experimental POP3 client

With POPSSL or not (otherwise POP is totally unsafe, the passwd travels
uncrypted on the net !!!!) ?

--
Christophe Raffalli
Université de Savoie

tél: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI
IMPORTANT: this mail is signed using PGP/MIME
At least Enigmail/Mozilla, mutt or evolution
can check this signature

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 252 bytes --]

* Re: [Caml-list] ocamlnet-0.95 released
@ 2003-02-11 23:13   ` Gerd Stolpmann
From: Gerd Stolpmann @ 2003-02-11 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe Raffalli; +Cc: caml-list, ocamlnet-devel

Am Die, 2003-02-11 um 16.12 schrieb Christophe Raffalli:
> Gerd Stolpmann wrote:
>
> > The current distribution contains:
> >
> > - a mature implementation of the CGI protocol
> >
> > - an implementation of the JSERV protocol (AJP-1.2), can be used with
> >   mod_jserv (Apache JServ) and mod_jk (Jakarta connector) to connect
> >   application servers written in O'Caml with web servers
> >
> > - an experimental POP3 client
>
> With POPSSL or not (otherwise POP is totally unsafe, the passwd travels
> uncrypted on the net !!!!) ?

It supports at least APOP, which does not send the password over the
net.

There isn't an SSL library for OCaml yet, so I would be surprized
if anyone could announce SSL. You can use external tools such as
stunnel (www.stunnel.org), which would be sufficient for POP. The
disadvantage is that do not have introspection into the details of
the SSL connection from O'Caml code.

@ 2003-02-12  8:06     ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2003-02-12  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerd Stolpmann; +Cc: caml-list, ocamlnet-devel