* [Caml-list] Ocamlex/ocamlyacc breakage?
@ 2003-04-08 11:02 Stalkern 2
From: Stalkern 2 @ 2003-04-08 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello to everybody

I've connected a ocamlex/ocamlyacc parser to a graphical button; this parser
parses a file.

When I click on the button repeatedly and fast several times, the parser
starts but it crashes. Failures happen at unrelated, apparently random
positions, and strace shows unrelated, apparently random (in the range of
open files) Unix.select errors before the parse_error.

I have put Unix.lockf locks, but readers are not exclusive. So I thought to
skip the whole reparsing in case a reading lock is already there, but the
F_TEST (*Test a region for other process locks*) command is documented for
use in Unix.lockf : file_descr -> lock_command -> int -> unit, that returns
unit, so how could a TEST ever be possible?

Any hint? BTW the whole is in a program with threads and runs in a ocaml
compiled with posix threads, but this part does not use threads.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Ernesto