* [Caml-list] archives: google/inria inconsistencies
@ 2003-04-14 12:22 Henri Dubois-Ferriere
From: Henri Dubois-Ferriere @ 2003-04-14 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

In relation to a recent posting on using google groups to search the
archive. while it is very helpful, there are some inconstencies btw
google's view of the list and the inria web interface's.

Example: I was searching for the terms 'polymorphic' and 'variant'
(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=polymorphic+variant+group:fa.caml)

I clicked a link for a message with subject:
'Re: [Caml-list] Question about polymorphic variant '

(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=polymorphic+variant+group:fa.caml&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=fa.i40118v.1o7khrf%40ifi.uio.no&rnum=4)

Google tells me that this is the only article in this thread. However
checking the caml-list archive i see that there are two articles in the
thread : http://caml.inria.fr/archives/200210/msg00599.html and
http://caml.inria.fr/archives/200210/msg00612.html

However using the inria search on the archive did not turn up either of
the messages
(http://pauillac.inria.fr/bin/wilma_glimpse/caml-list?query=polymorphic%3Bvariant&Search=Search&errors=0&maxfiles=50&maxlines=10&.cgifields=lineonly&.cgifields=filelist&.cgifields=case&.cgifields=partial&.cgifields=restricttofiles)

Given the treasure trove that the caml-list archive is, it would be great
if we can get at least one of the two interfaces (preferably google) to be
a reliable source.

Thanks
Henri

* Re: [Caml-list] archives: google/inria inconsistencies
@ 2003-04-14 13:54 ` Matthieu Dubuget
From: Matthieu Dubuget @ 2003-04-14 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

Since the caml list archives search engine doesn't works, I turned to
use google. But the way I use it is not the same as yours.

I make a classical google search which i point to the archives of caml
list at inria with this: "site:caml.inria.fr"

I also add archives and msg in the search string, in order to restrict
to the archived messages.

Try this search string:
site:caml.inria.fr archives msg polymorphic variant
it will find 3 messages.

Hope this will help.

Matthieu Dubuget