* [Caml-list] custom toplevel runs script with #use, but not from command line:
@ 2003-08-15  1:37 Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-08-15  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I'm running under cygwin, and using the netstring package.  It seems to
be working find, I can compile bytecode and optimised programs with it
using ocamlfind.

I've tried to create a custom toplevel to run scripts through:

ocamlfind ocamlmktop -package netstring -predicates netstring_minimum
-linkpkg -o nettop

generates nettop.exe.

test.ml:
-----------------------------------
open Netchannels;;
print_endline "Hello World!";;
-----------------------------------

When I run the toplevel with the script on the command line, it can't
find the Netchannels module:

$ ./nettop test.ml
File "test.ml", line 1, characters 0-16:
Unbound module Netchannels

When I run from inside the toplevel using #use, it works:

$ ./nettop
         Objective Caml version 3.06

# #use "test.ml";;
Hello World!
- : unit = ()

Even non-trivial programs work correctly this way.

I thought that these two invocations should be equivalent.  Why does one
work, but not the other?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-15  1:35 UTC | newest]