* [Caml-list] OCaml extensions and Emacs indentation
@ 2003-09-11 18:18 Lukasz Stafiniak
From: Lukasz Stafiniak @ 2003-09-11 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

How do you deal with indentation when using syntax extensions? Tuareg,
otherwise genial, instead of helping, "messes" the source using them. By
extensions I mean Meta OCaml, Fresh OCaml, user extensions using Camlp4.
More, Tuareg fails to indent record types with polymorphic fields.

One solution would be to use generic indentation and other goods a la
Semantic's. It takes a BNF-style grammar.

An ultimate solution would be to port Camlp4 to Semantic to parse the OCaml
source and pass the (translated) parse-tree to Semantic. This would require
incremental parsing by Camlp4. At present, Semantic 2.0 uses Bison.

More straightforward solution is to make the syntax indented by Tuareg
customizable.

Cheers,
Lukasz

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml extensions and Emacs indentation
@ 2003-09-11 18:27 ` Alexander V. Voinov
From: Alexander V. Voinov @ 2003-09-11 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lukasz Stafiniak; +Cc: caml-list

Hi Lukasz,

For the extensions, which I finally adopted for everyday use, and which
are sensitive for the indentation (map...with, iterate...with...done,
etc) I have just tweaked tuareg. This works just fine.

Alexander