* [Caml-list] Emacs NT and Types
@ 2003-10-09 12:24 Vincent Barichard
From: Vincent Barichard @ 2003-10-09 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CAML LIST

Hi All,

After installing ocaml 3.07 with cygwin, I changed my Makefile in order to compile sources with the -dtypes option.
When I use Emacs and I hit the C-c C-t keys ("Show Type At Point" function), emacs says: "no annotations found for this source file". But I found the .annot file in the directory.

Under linux OS + ocaml 3.07 + emacs, It  works well.

Is there a bug in the caml-types.el when emacs is run under windows ?
Maybe someone else has the same problem ?

Thanks for helping.

Vincent

* Re: [Caml-list] Emacs NT and Types
@ 2003-10-09 17:52 ` Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-10-09 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CAML LIST

Vincent Barichard wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After installing ocaml 3.07 with cygwin, I changed my Makefile in order to compile sources with the -dtypes option.
> When I use Emacs and I hit the C-c C-t keys ("Show Type At Point" function), emacs says: "no annotations found for this source file". But I found the .annot file in the directory.
>
> Under linux OS + ocaml 3.07 + emacs, It  works well.
>
> Is there a bug in the caml-types.el when emacs is run under windows ?
> Maybe someone else has the same problem ?

I have successfully used the type annotations with emacs under cygwin.
The one catch is:  The file has to use unix style line endings.  Dos
style line endings will cause mismatches.  I'm not sure if this is your
problem.

* Re: [Caml-list] Emacs NT and Types
@ 2003-10-09 18:46 ` Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2003-10-09 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Barichard; +Cc: CAML LIST

Vincent Barichard wrote:
> The file uses unix style line endings. On the other hand, I'm not using the emacs cygwin, but
> NT Emacs and cygwin as a compiler. Maybe you use emacs cygwin ? If not, maybe something
> more in your .emacs than in mine ?

Indeed, I am using the cygwin emacs.