* [Caml-list] mod_caml 1.0.0 and O'Caml 3.07 - cannot load Lexing
@ 2003-11-08 13:50 Mikael Brockman
From: Mikael Brockman @ 2003-11-08 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

As soon as I fix one problem, another one crops up.

Apache starts cleanly now, but accessing a mod_caml script that uses
Lexing produces this error in error_log:

  Failure("error while linking /var/www/caml-bin/find-page.cma.
  Reference to undefined global `Lexing'")

I know I have fixed this problem with O'Caml 3.06 by adding Lexing to
the list of modules in mod_caml.ml, but that doesn't change anything
now.

Kenn Knowles had this problem and requested help on this list a while
ago, but he never received an answer, as far as I can see.

--
Mikael Brockman
<phubuh@phubuh.org>

* Re: [Caml-list] mod_caml 1.0.0 and O'Caml 3.07 - cannot load Lexing
@ 2003-11-08 14:44 ` Richard Jones
       [not found]   ` <871xsix6gc.fsf@igloo.phubuh.org>
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-11-08 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Brockman; +Cc: caml-list

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:50:37PM +0100, Mikael Brockman wrote:
> As soon as I fix one problem, another one crops up.
>
> Apache starts cleanly now, but accessing a mod_caml script that uses
> Lexing produces this error in error_log:
>
>   Failure("error while linking /var/www/caml-bin/find-page.cma.
>   Reference to undefined global `Lexing'")
>
> I know I have fixed this problem with O'Caml 3.06 by adding Lexing to
> the list of modules in mod_caml.ml, but that doesn't change anything
> now.
>
> Kenn Knowles had this problem and requested help on this list a while
> ago, but he never received an answer, as far as I can see.

I'm successfully running OCaml 3.07 and mod_caml and Apache 1.3
together.  Are you using Lexing (or are any of the libraries you use
using this module)?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
PTHRLIB is a library for writing small, efficient and fast servers in C.

* Re: [Caml-list] mod_caml 1.0.0 and O'Caml 3.07 - cannot load Lexing
       [not found]     ` <20031108145131.GB9211@redhat.com>
@ 2003-11-08 16:52       ` Mikael Brockman
From: Mikael Brockman @ 2003-11-08 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Jones; +Cc: caml-list

> On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 03:47:47PM +0100, Mikael Brockman wrote:
> > Yes, I'm using Lexing and Parsing.  See my recent self-reply.

First of all, my "recent self-reply" wasn't carbon copied to any one,
so you couldn't read it. :-) This is what I said:

> I got ahold of Kenn, and found out that he eventually managed to fix
> the problem by using some arbitrary values from Lexing and Parsing in
> mod_caml.ml -- like this:
>
>   let () =
>     Callback.register "mod_caml_create_dir_config" create_dir_config;

>     (* For some reason, we have to use Lexing and Parsing here to make
>        it load. *)
>     ignore (Lexing.dummy_pos);
>     ignore (Parsing.clear_parser);
>
> I added those lines and recompiled, and now everything seems to work
> perfectly, but this feels very kludgy.

> Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org> writes:
> I'm not really familiar with these modules. They're part of standard
> OCaml? Do you have to link any special .cma in to use them ordinarily?

Lexing and Parsing are part of the standard OCaml, and are used by the
modules that ocamllex and ocamlyacc generate.  You don't have to link
any special .cma to use them.

--

@ 2003-11-08 17:03         ` Richard Jones
From: Richard Jones @ 2003-11-08 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: caml-list

[...]

Yeah, there are a whole bunch of 'issues' [bugs] like this when using
Dynlink in any serious way. I'll produce a list of them some time if
anyone is interested in fixing them.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is

@ 2003-11-08 18:02   ` Benjamin Geer
From: Benjamin Geer @ 2003-11-08 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Brockman; +Cc: caml-list

Richard Jones wrote:
>>Apache starts cleanly now, but accessing a mod_caml script that uses
>>Lexing produces this error in error_log:
>>
>>  Failure("error while linking /var/www/caml-bin/find-page.cma.
>>  Reference to undefined global `Lexing'")

CamlTemplate uses Lexing and Parsing, but you shouldn't have to do
anything special to get it to work.  If you're having trouble, let me
know (or post a message to the CamlTemplate mailing list).

Ben