* [Caml-list] Cygwin now has ocaml 3.08.1
@ 2004-08-31 18:50 Blair Zajac
From: Blair Zajac @ 2004-08-31 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good news.  Yet another way of getting Ocaml on your Windows system.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <blair@orcaware.com>
Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

[-- Attachment #2: New package: ocaml-3.08.1-1 --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4894 bytes --]

From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
To: cygwin-announce@cygwin.com
Subject: New package: ocaml-3.08.1-1
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

The ocaml package has been added to the Cygwin distribution.

Objective Caml is a fast modern type-inferring functional
programming language descended from the ML (Meta Language)
family, containing objects, modules, and a high-performance
native-code compiler.  The O'Caml compiler was developed at
INRIA Rocquencourt, projet Cristal.

See <http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/> for more information.

Notes:

- This package includes two compilers: the bytecode compiler and the
  native compiler.  Each compiler also exists in two versions -- bytecode
  and native (i.e., each compiler was built with the bytecode compiler and
  the native compiler, in turn).

- This package also includes all the libraries and packages in
  /usr/lib/ocaml, including "labltk".  You will need to install the tcltk
  package and possibly the X11 packages to use labltk.  The "labltk"
  package wasn't tested on Cygwin, so use at your own risk.

- There may have been a temporary glitch in uploading the packages.  This
  has been fixed on the master site, but some mirrors may have pulled the
  corrupted version of the package in the meantime.  If you're unlucky
  enough to have selected such a mirror, try another mirror.  FWIW,
  mirrors updated at any point after August 31, 14:08 GMT should be fine
  (look at the timestamp on setup.bz2).

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "Interpreters" or
"Devel" and then click on the appropriate field until the above announced
version number appears if it is not displayed already.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin mailing
list at:  <cygwin at cygwin dot com>.  I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send email
to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain dot com at cygwin dot com

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

I implore you to READ this information before sending email about how you
"tried everything" to unsubscribe.  In 100% of the cases where people were
unable to unsubscribe, the problem was that they hadn't actually read and
comprehended the unsubscribe instructions.

If you need to unsubscribe from cygwin-announce or any other mailing list,
reading the instructions at the above URL is guaranteed to provide you with
the info that you need.

Igor Pechtchanski
Cygwin O'Caml Maintainer
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw

* Re: [Caml-list] Cygwin now has ocaml 3.08.1
@ 2004-09-02  8:09 ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2004-09-02  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Blair Zajac wrote:
> Good news.  Yet another way of getting Ocaml on your Windows system.
>
> Regards,
> Blair

> New package: ocaml-3.08.1-1

Is it a pure cygwin or cygwin_mingw build of ocaml ?

--
Christophe Raffalli
Université de Savoie

tél: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI
IMPORTANT: this mail is signed using PGP/MIME
At least Enigmail/Mozilla, mutt or evolution
can check this signature

* Re: [Caml-list] Cygwin now has ocaml 3.08.1
@ 2004-09-02  9:01   ` Martin Boeker
From: Martin Boeker @ 2004-09-02  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christophe Raffalli wrote:

> Is it a pure cygwin or cygwin_mingw build of ocaml ?

This is a pure Cygwin port. The package works fine - I tested it.

Oddly, the paths of the bin and lib branches (the --prefix configure
option) are not set the Cygwin standard way so that they land in
/usr/bin and /usr/lib (ususally /usr/local ...).

It's a pure Ocaml distribution (3.08.1); all other needed packages have
to be build separately - for my part (working a lot under Cygwin) the
GODI (G. Stolpmann) distribution is a better solution.

Perhaps, this Ocaml Cygwin distribution could be enhanced by adding
further packages to a common library package (could be: equeue, expat,
extlib, findlib, getopt, netclient, dbm, graphic, ocamlmakefile,
ocamlnet, pxp, wlex, ulex, xstr, oreilly ocaml book), further an
experimental lablgtk2 package. Also the mysql and postgres bindings
would be nice (that seems to be tricky).

This would promote the use of Ocaml in the Win-World. The Cygwin
distribution has developed very positively in the last months and is
very useful for people forced to work under Win.

* [Caml-list] caml.inria.fr down ?
@ 2004-09-02 11:25   ` I R T
From: I R T @ 2004-09-02 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I have been unable to access caml.inria.fr all day.
Anyone know the situation ?

* Re: [Caml-list] caml.inria.fr down ?
@ 2004-09-02 14:06     ` skaller
From: skaller @ 2004-09-02 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: I R T; +Cc: caml-list

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 21:25, I R T wrote:
> I have been unable to access caml.inria.fr all day.
> Anyone know the situation ?

Up for me as at 0000 AEST Fri Sep 03. [1400 UTC Thi Sep 02]

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia