* [Caml-list] bug in ocamlmklib ? pb to make a camlimages Godi package?
@ 2004-09-02  7:57 Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2004-09-02  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

I tried to use godiva to make a camlimages packages and I think I found
a bug in ocamlmklib, but I am not sure ...

Using godi and my package, the following compilation line is generated
and fails:

 >     ocamlmklib -linkall -o ci_jpeg \
 >        jpeg.cmx oJpeg.cmx -cclib "-Wl,-R/usr/local/godi/lib
-L/usr/local/godi/lib" -ljpeg; \
 >   fi
 > /usr/local/godi/bin/ocamlopt: unknown option `-L/usr/local/godi/lib'.
 > Usage: ocamlopt <options> <files>

It seems that the option -cclib "-Wl,-R/usr/local/godi/lib
-L/usr/local/godi/lib" is not well transmitted by ocamlmklib to
ocamlopt ...

I tried to patch the configure file from camlimages, but it seems I
can't figure our who is generating the option
-cclib "-Wl,-R/usr/local/godi/lib -L/usr/local/godi/lib"
I think adding a comma should work ... but I do not know where to put it.

--
Christophe Raffalli
Université de Savoie

tél: (33) 4 79 75 81 03
fax: (33) 4 79 75 87 42
mail: Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr
www: http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~RAFFALLI
IMPORTANT: this mail is signed using PGP/MIME
At least Enigmail/Mozilla, mutt or evolution
can check this signature

* Re: [Caml-list] bug in ocamlmklib ? pb to make a camlimages Godi package?
@ 2004-09-02  8:19 ` Jacques GARRIGUE
From: Jacques GARRIGUE @ 2004-09-02  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christophe.Raffalli; +Cc: caml-list

From: Christophe Raffalli <Christophe.Raffalli@univ-savoie.fr>

> I tried to use godiva to make a camlimages packages and I think I found
> a bug in ocamlmklib, but I am not sure ...
>
> Using godi and my package, the following compilation line is generated
> and fails:
>
>  >     ocamlmklib -linkall -o ci_jpeg \
>  >        jpeg.cmx oJpeg.cmx -cclib "-Wl,-R/usr/local/godi/lib
> -L/usr/local/godi/lib" -ljpeg; \
>  >   fi
>  > /usr/local/godi/bin/ocamlopt: unknown option `-L/usr/local/godi/lib'.
>  > Usage: ocamlopt <options> <files>
>
> It seems that the option -cclib "-Wl,-R/usr/local/godi/lib
> -L/usr/local/godi/lib" is not well transmitted by ocamlmklib to
> ocamlopt ...

The bug is not in ocamlmklib, but in camlimages (or its godi port).
You're not supposed to pass -cclib options to ocamlmklib, except in
some very special cases. The above line should simply be:
   ocamlmklib -linkall -o ci_jpeg \
        jpeg.cmx oJpeg.cmx -L/usr/local/godi/lib -ljpeg
and ocamlmklib would automatically add the necessary runtime paths in
the syntax required for this system.

Jacques Garrigue

* Re: [Caml-list] bug in ocamlmklib ? pb to make a camlimages Godi package?
@ 2004-09-02 14:12   ` Christophe Raffalli
From: Christophe Raffalli @ 2004-09-02 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacques GARRIGUE; +Cc: caml-list