* [Caml-list] Future versions of RedHat
@ 2004-01-06 15:18 Mary F. Fernandez
From: Mary F. Fernandez @ 2004-01-06 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi all,

Given the upcoming changes for RedHat, do you forsee any changes
in supporting O'Caml on the RedHat platforms (or the new "enterprise"
version?)  We need to support our O'Caml software on many RedHat
versions so I'm trying to figure what the RedHat changes will  mean
to us.

Thanks!
mary
--
Mary Fernandez, Principal Technical Staff Member
AT&T Labs - Research, 180 Park Ave., Room E277, Florham Park, NJ 07932-0971

* Re: [Caml-list] Future versions of RedHat
@ 2004-01-10 10:39 ` Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2004-01-10 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 04:18 PM, Mary F. Fernandez wrote:

> Given the upcoming changes for RedHat, do you forsee any changes
> in supporting O'Caml on the RedHat platforms (or the new "enterprise"
> version?)  We need to support our O'Caml software on many RedHat
> versions so I'm trying to figure what the RedHat changes will  mean
> to us.

As far as the core O'Caml team is concerned, I don't think it will
make much difference.  It may make it harder for us to get access
to a RedHat machine for testing and debugging, but the differences
with other Linux distributions are extremely small (maybe even
nonexistent), so this shouldn't be a problem in practice.

Of course I can't speak for the numerous contributors who make
libraries and tools for O'Caml.  I had to read your email several
times before I noticed that your question was addressed to them
as well.  Maybe that explains their silence on your question.

-- Damien