* [Caml-list] New release of core.
@ 2011-01-07 23:04 Till Varoquaux
From: Till Varoquaux @ 2011-01-07 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We are pleased to announce the third major release of Jane street's core
library and support libraries (type-conv, sexplib,bin-prot and
fieldslib). Due to our development process we are not able to provide a
detailed changelog because this is very active codebase and there have
been a lot of improvements and added features.

The changes include:
-> Everything is now packaged with oasis
-> Type-conv does not require the user to set type_conv_path anymore (it
can use the filename).
-> Core has a new highly optimized version of Hashtables which is about
as space and time efficient as (ocaml's) Hashtbl but degrades gracefully
in the presence of hash collisions.
-> A lot of the functions in the List modules have been optimized
(map,@...). They are now about as fast as the ones in the  standard
library but are also tail recursive.

But wait there's more to come!

This is a beta release;
We are hoping to carve out a release soon that will work on ocaml 3.12;
include support for generating the ocamldocs automatically and bundle
core_extended.

All the packages are available on:
http://www.janestreet.com/ocaml <http://www.janestreet.com/ocaml>

We would love to hear your feedback and bug reports at:
opensource@janestcapital.com <mailto:opensource@janestcapital.com>

All of the released libraries are licensed under the
LGPL-plus-linking-exception.

I would also like to thank Sylvain le Gall, Markus Mottl, Nicolas
Pouillard and Xavier Clerc for their help.

Cheers,
Till

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-01-07 23:04 UTC | newest]