* [Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] Ocsigen 2.0
@ 2011-09-21 18:10 Vincent Balat
From: Vincent Balat @ 2011-09-21 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are very happy to announce the release of the version 2.0 of the
Ocsigen framework. After more than 6 years of development, we achieved
our goal to provide a complete framework to program Web sites and
client/server Web applications fully in OCaml.

More information and download from http://ocsigen.org

Main features:
 - Powerful mechanisms to implement traditional Web interaction very easily
(links, forms, bookmarks, back button ...).
 - A compiler from OCaml to Javascript to write the client side parts
of your programs in OCaml.
 - Integrated client/server programming in one single program, with
automatic communication between server and client.
 - Validation of HTML at compile time.
 - Powerful session mechanism
 - Persistant client side programs: you can mix client side features
with traditional Web interaction. The program does not stop when you press
a link!

The documentation is now mostly complete. We are currently working on
adding the few missing parts and proof reading everything. Current
version is available online and a more polished version will be released
as a PDF book in a few weeks. The good starting point for learning
Ocsigen is the tutorial: http://ocsigen.org/tutorial/

Please report any problem with current version or in documentation
through the bug tracking system, the mailing list or the IRC channel.

The Ocsigen framework combines many software projects (all open source),
that can be used independently:
 - Ocsigen server: an extensible Web server
 - Eliom: a framework for Web programming in OCaml
 - Js_of_ocaml: a compiler from OCaml bytecode to Javascript
 - Lwt: a cooperative threading library
 - Macaque: a library for type safe database queries
 - O'Closure: a binding for the Google closure widget library
 - etc. The full list of our projects is available here:
http://ocsigen.org/projects

Ocsigen is a research project of the PPS laboratory (CNRS, université
Paris-Diderot) (http://www.pps.jussieu.fr), hosted at IRILL
(http://www.irill.org). It receives funding from the ANR (PWD project)
(http://www.agence-nationale-recherche.fr).

We hope that you'll enjoy this version!

Vincent Balat [for the Ocsigen team]

* [Caml-list] Re: [Ocsigen] [ANNOUNCE] Ocsigen 2.0
@ 2011-09-21 23:56 ` William Le Ferrand
       [not found]   ` <CAFksq2_wzhA6diupbf1G2K_DkFn3mnAn1VGG6qpXFH5iZD+w4w@mail.gmail.com>
From: William Le Ferrand @ 2011-09-21 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Congratulations to the Ocsigen team, and long life to Ocsigen!

Who's using it in companies :) ?

--
William Le Ferrand
President

Mobile : (+1) (415) 683-1484
Web : http://williamleferrand.github.com/

* [Caml-list] Re: [Ocsigen] [ANNOUNCE] Ocsigen 2.0
@ 2011-09-22  9:09 ` Mihamina Rakotomandimby
From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 2011-09-22  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocsigen; +Cc: caml-list

On 09/21/2011 09:10 PM, Vincent Balat wrote:
> We are very happy to announce the release of the version 2.0 of the
> Ocsigen framework.

I'm happy with you.
I intend to introduce it to my collegues, as I think it's mature enough.

It's a really good Tool (with uppercase "T").

I'll need to build and write down some very simple tutorials at first to
get used with it and then spread/evangelize ;-)

Great work, congratulations.

--
RMA.

@ 2011-09-22  9:10     ` Mihamina Rakotomandimby
From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby @ 2011-09-22  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ocsigen, yoann padioleau

On 09/22/2011 03:37 AM, yoann padioleau wrote:
> I'm evaluating it at Facebook for some internal tools.

Evaluate it for Facebook itself!! ;-)

--
RMA.