* [Caml-list] msvc ocaml 3.12.1 installer
@ 2011-10-14  2:24 Karl Moerder
From: Karl Moerder @ 2011-10-14  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi...

There is a link on the ocaml download page that points to

http://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.12/ocaml-3.12.1-win-msvc.exe

but the file is not there. When will it be available?

Thanks,

...Karl

* Re: [Caml-list] msvc ocaml 3.12.1 installer
@ 2011-10-14  6:47 ` Jonathan Protzenko
From: Jonathan Protzenko @ 2011-10-14  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Moerder; +Cc: caml-list

HI,

Last time Xavier and I discussed this, there were no plans to provide
an official installer for the MSVC toolchain. There's already an
official installer for the MingW32 toolchain
<http://yquem.inria.fr/~protzenk/caml-installer.html>, so you are
encouraged to use that one. If you really have to use the MSVC one, I'd
be interested in hearing why.

If you or anyone else is interested in maintaining an MSVC build, feel
free to reuse my installer script
(https://github.com/protz/ocaml-installer).

Cheers,

jonathan