* [Caml-list] [ANN] Native toplevel test release 3.12.1+ocamlnatjit2
@ 2011-10-06 16:44 Benedikt Meurer
From: Benedikt Meurer @ 2011-10-06 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

After some more testing and bug fixing, we're happy to announce another test release of OCaml with our new native code toplevel. The test release includes a fully featured OCaml 3.12.1 distribution plus our new toplevel ocamlnat, which is up to 100 times faster than the byte code toplevel. See the website for installation instructions and additional information.

Website:
http://benediktmeurer.de/ocaml-experimental

Download:
http://benediktmeurer.de/files/source/ocaml-3.12.1+ocamlnatjit2.tar.bz2

Git repository:
https://github.com/bmeurer/ocaml-experimental

Suggestions, comments and bug reports are welcome.

greets,
Benedikt

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Native toplevel test release 3.12.1+ocamlnatjit2
@ 2011-10-07 20:17 ` rixed
From: rixed @ 2011-10-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Are there any plans to merge this nice achievement into the
core Ocaml distribution once it's proven stable ?

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Native toplevel test release 3.12.1+ocamlnatjit2
@ 2011-10-12 10:52   ` Benedikt Meurer
From: Benedikt Meurer @ 2011-10-12 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On Oct 7, 2011, at 22:17 , rixed@happyleptic.org wrote:

> Are there any plans to merge this nice achievement into the
> core Ocaml distribution once it's proven stable ?

It lacks some features (i.e. windows and wider architecture support), but once done it can be merged into the core distribution.