* [Caml-list] Troubles with OPAM
@ 2014-10-17 16:42 Xavier Van de Woestyne
From: Xavier Van de Woestyne @ 2014-10-17 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi, i'm using OPAM since 2 years.
I recently changed my distribution (now I am on Debian and XFCE).
Opam installs easily.
But on each update/upgrade try to reinstall every package. (includes
base-threads, base-unix). And when I'm trying to install, for example,
merlin, after an Eliom installation, Opam try to reinstall ocamlfind 1.5.3
but it could'nt.
Do you have any idea? (I have already try to rm -rf .opam and aptitude
purge opam to reinstall but the troubles stay).

Thanks a lot.

Xavier.

--
Xavier Van de Woestyne
xavier.vdw@gmail.com - TEL BE : 0474 49 53 83 | TEL FR : 06 73 38 72 84

* Re: [Caml-list] Troubles with OPAM
@ 2014-10-17 16:59 ` Roberto Di Cosmo
From: Roberto Di Cosmo @ 2014-10-17 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Van de Woestyne; +Cc: caml-list

Dear Xavier,
     I would suggest you open a ticket on

        https://github.com/ocaml/opam

providing detailed informations on a run that you consider is going
wrong (including opam version, the command line used, the CUDF dump
obtained with --cudf etc.)

As a quick suggestion, try anyhow just a simple
  apt-get install aspucd
and see if anything changes.

--
Roberto

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 06:42:35PM +0200, Xavier Van de Woestyne wrote:
> Hi, i'm using OPAM since 2 years.
> I recently changed my distribution (now I am on Debian and XFCE).
> Opam installs easily.
> But on each update/upgrade try to reinstall every package. (includes
> base-threads, base-unix). And when I'm trying to install, for example, merlin,
> after an Eliom installation, Opam try to reinstall ocamlfind 1.5.3 but it
> could'nt.
> Do you have any idea? (I have already try to rm -rf .opam and aptitude purge
> opam to reinstall but the troubles stay).
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Xavier.
>
> --
> Xavier Van de Woestyne
> xavier.vdw@gmail.com - TEL BE : 0474 49 53 83 | TEL FR : 06 73 38 72 84

--
Roberto Di Cosmo

Professeur               En delegation a l'INRIA
PPS                      E-mail: roberto@dicosmo.org
Universite Paris Diderot WWW  : http://www.dicosmo.org
Case 7014                Tel  : ++33-(0)1-57 27 92 20
5, Rue Thomas Mann
F-75205 Paris Cedex 13   Identica: http://identi.ca/rdicosmo
FRANCE.                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/rdicosmo
Attachments:
MIME accepted, Word deprecated
Office location:

Bureau 3020 (3rd floor)
Batiment Sophie Germain
Avenue de France
Metro Bibliotheque Francois Mitterrand, ligne 14/RER C
GPG fingerprint 2931 20CE 3A5A 5390 98EC 8BFC FCCA C3BE 39CB 12D3

* Re: [Caml-list] Troubles with OPAM
@ 2014-10-17 17:02 ` Török Edwin
From: Török Edwin @ 2014-10-17 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On 10/17/2014 07:42 PM, Xavier Van de Woestyne wrote:
> Hi, i'm using OPAM since 2 years.
> I recently changed my distribution (now I am on Debian and XFCE).
> Opam installs easily.
> But on each update/upgrade try to reinstall every package. (includes base-threads, base-unix). And when I'm trying to install, for example, merlin, after an Eliom installation, Opam try to reinstall ocamlfind 1.5.3 but it could'nt.
> Do you have any idea? (I have already try to rm -rf .opam and aptitude purge opam to reinstall but the troubles stay).

I hit this bug too, some problem with newer dose used by Debian: https://github.com/ocaml/opam/issues/1683

The workaround for now is to install the beta packages which work with the newer dose:
http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:ocaml&package=opam

Hopefully once opam 1.2.0 is out of beta the official Debian package can be updated too.

Best regards,
--Edwin