* [Caml-list] Ocsigen releases
@ 2015-08-17 14:23 Drup
From: Drup @ 2015-08-17 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml users, ocsigen

We are happy to announce the releases of

- Eliom 4.2
- Server 2.6
- js_of_ocaml 2.6
- TyXML 3.5

We also welcome a new member in the ocsigen team, Vasilis Papavasileiou.

Key changes in the various releases:

- PPX support for js_of_ocaml with OCaml >= 4.02.2
   See documentationhere <http://ocsigen.org/js_of_ocaml/api/Ppx_js>.

   This was also the occasion to introduce a new syntax for object
   literals, and to improve the Camlp4 syntax (w.r.t. to
   locations). Both syntaxes emit the same code, and are perfectly
   compatible.

- Support for dynlink in js_of_ocaml.

- Logging improvements in Eliom and Server, in particular on
   the client side.

- A healthy amount of bugfixes.

The next releases will probably see major changes. The current plan
is:

- Replace Server's internals with cohttp, as part of our
   move towards Mirage-compatible libraries.

- Shared_react, which allows to build reactive pages from server side.

- PPX for Eliom.

- Support for async/core in js_of_ocaml.

  Have fun with Ocsigen!