* [Caml-list] questions about Emacs/camldebug
@ 2015-12-06 19:54 Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2015-12-06 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Dear all,

Are there people who use camldebug in Emacs?

What do you think about it?

Do you employ some custom tricks to make the invocation more seamless?

Now, when I want to run it, I need to do this:

  M-x camld<TAB>                        (* 7 keystrokes *)
  <BACKSPACE>...<BACKSPACE>program      (* 19 keystrokes *)
  C-x C-o                               (* switching to the buffer above that holds the source code ... 2-keystrokes
  C-x C-a C-b                           (* set a breakpoint at the current cursor's position ... 3-keystrokes *)
  C-x C-a C-r                           (* run the program ... 3-keystrokes *)
                                        (* 34 keystrokes *)

Did somebody succeed in making this less verbose?
Would it be possible to define some macro that would do all this which I could bind to a single key? (e.g. F12 or whichever else).

Thank you in advance for any kind tips.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-12-06 19:54 UTC | newest]