* [Caml-list] [ANN] Rfsm 1.0
@ 2018-04-23  9:14 Jocelyn Sérot
From: Jocelyn Sérot @ 2018-04-23  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml

Dear list,

This is my pleasure to announce the availability of the first public version (1.0) of Rfsm, a toolset for describing and simulating StateChart-like state diagrams. The toolset is composed of

-   an Ocaml library
-   a command-line compiler
-   a Qt-based GUI application

The provided tools take
-   a description of a system as a set of StateChart-like state diagrams
-   a description of stimuli to be used as input for this system

and generate
-   a graphical representation of the system (to be viewed with Graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org) for example)
-   execution traces as `.vcd` files (to be viewed with Gtkwave (http://gtkwave.sourceforge.net) for example)

Additionnaly, dedicated backends can generate system descriptions in
-   CTask (a C dialect with primitives for describing tasks and event-based synchronisation)
-   SystemC
-   VHDL
for simulation of implementation.

The Rfsm compiler is, of course, written in OCaml.

DOCUMENTATION
-------------

The project web page (including links for downloading the tools) is at http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm.

The user manual can be downloaded here : http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm/dist/rfsm.pdf.

The library API is documented here : http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm/doc/lib/index.html.

INSTALLATION
------------

Prebuilt Windows and MacOS versions can be downloaded from the project webpage

Source code is  available from the project webpage or via (`git clone https://github.com/jserot/rfsm`).

An OPAM package (including the library and the command-line compiler) is in preparation.

Feedbacks, comments, bug reports welcome !

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Rfsm 1.0
@ 2018-04-23 10:32 ` Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2018-04-23 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jocelyn Sérot; +Cc: caml

Jocelyn,

As you have Qt GUI you probably already have some interfacing with Qt
SCXML, right?

Happy hacking!

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Jocelyn Sérot <jocelyn.serot@uca.fr> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> This is my pleasure to announce the availability of the first public version (1.0) of Rfsm, a toolset for describing and simulating StateChart-like state diagrams. The toolset is composed of
>
> -   an Ocaml library
> -   a command-line compiler
> -   a Qt-based GUI application
>
> The provided tools take
> -   a description of a system as a set of StateChart-like state diagrams
> -   a description of stimuli to be used as input for this system
>
> and generate
> -   a graphical representation of the system (to be viewed with Graphviz (http://www.graphviz.org) for example)
> -   execution traces as `.vcd` files (to be viewed with Gtkwave (http://gtkwave.sourceforge.net) for example)
>
> Additionnaly, dedicated backends can generate system descriptions in
> -   CTask (a C dialect with primitives for describing tasks and event-based synchronisation)
> -   SystemC
> -   VHDL
> for simulation of implementation.
>
> The Rfsm compiler is, of course, written in OCaml.
>
> DOCUMENTATION
> -------------
>
> The project web page (including links for downloading the tools) is at http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm.
>
> The user manual can be downloaded here : http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm/dist/rfsm.pdf.
>
> The library API is documented here : http://cloud.ip.uca.fr/~serot/rfsm/doc/lib/index.html.
>
> INSTALLATION
> ------------
>
> Prebuilt Windows and MacOS versions can be downloaded from the project webpage
>
> Source code is  available from the project webpage or via (`git clone https://github.com/jserot/rfsm`).
>
> An OPAM package (including the library and the command-line compiler) is in preparation.
>
> Feedbacks, comments, bug reports welcome !
>

> --

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Rfsm 1.0
@ 2018-04-30 15:17 ` Jocelyn Sérot
From: Jocelyn Sérot @ 2018-04-30 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml

Dear list,

This is just to announce that the OPAM package (including the library and the CL compiler) is now available at https://opam.ocaml.org/packages/rfsm

Thanks for the OPAM maintainer(s) for the help during the publication process.

JS