* [Caml-list] Telling OCamlbuild via _tags that a file has no dependencies
@ 2015-01-14 19:48 Dario Teixeira
From: Dario Teixeira @ 2015-01-14 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

(I was tipped off off-list that my previous emails on this subject
may have been eaten by an over-zealous spam-filter.  Hopefully a
change of domain will take care of that problem).

To summarise, I'm trying to use 4.02's newfangled no-alias-deps on
a project whose build system is generated via OASIS.  Problem is,
OASIS uses OCamlbuild, which relies on OCamldep, which is oblivious
to no-alias-deps.  Nevertheless, for this particular use case one
could get around OCamldep's limitations simply by telling OCamlbuild
that a given file has *no* dependencies, and therefore that it should
not invoke OCamldep for it.

I know that OCamlbuild's API includes a non_dependency function.
However,
to make integration with OASIS easier, it would be useful if one could
also express the non dependency using only _tags.  Is this at all
possible
somehow?  Or can someone think of an alternative method of achieving the
same goal?

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-01-14 19:48 UTC | newest]